The most recent AASRN conference was titled ‘Embodiments and Inhabitations’ (aka #AAI6), and was held on 25-26 October 2017 at Melbourne’s Immigration Museum.
This conference was hosted by the AASRN, in partnership with the Immigration Museum (Museums Victoria), Monash Asia Institute, and Alfred Deakin Institute for Citizenship and Globalisation.
The conference convenors for #AAI6 were Dr Mridula Chakraborty and Dr Jessica Walton. The conference committee included Olivia Khoo, Nadia Rhook, Jan Molloy, and Tseen Khoo.
The Storify of the tweets from the conference (collected from the #AAI6 tag stream) is here: Embodiments and inhabitations conference tweets
PREVIOUS AASRN CONFERENCES:
- AAI 5 – Mobilities (Immigration Museum, Melbourne; 26-27 Nov 2015). Convened by Tseen Khoo.
- AAI 4 – New communities, new racisms (University of Melbourne; 10-11 Nov 2011). Convened by Audrey Yue.
- AAI 3 – Regionalising Asian Australian Identities (Curtin University; 13-14 Nov 2009). Convened by Olivia Khoo.
- AAI 2 – The 2nd Asian Australian Identities conference (Rydges, Melbourne; 28-30 June 2007). Convened by Tseen Khoo and Jacqueline Lo.
- AASRN symposium – Locating Asian Australian Cultures (Monash University – Clayton; 28 June 2005). Convened by Tseen Khoo.
- Inaugural AAI – Asian Australian Identities (Australian National University; 27-29 Sept 1999). Convened by Jacqueline Lo, Helen Gilbert, and Tseen Khoo.