Journal of Dusk is a new performance by Indonesian-Australian artist Jumaadi which has been commissioned especially for 4A Centre for Contemporary Asian Art.
Featuring a series of new shadow puppets created by the artist and accompanied by musical performances, Journal of Dusk draws on a form of traditional Indonesian theatre called wayang kulit to weave poetic narratives based on historical connections between Australia and South-East Asia.
Performances for “Journal of dusk”:
- Friday 16 October: Performance: 7:00pm – 8:00pm
- Saturday 17 October: Children’s Workshop & Performance: 10:00am – 12:30pm; Performance: 5:00pm – 6:00pm
- $15 per person for Performance Only tickets;
- $35 for child and guardian (Children’s Workshop & Performance combo ticket);
- $15 per additional child or guardian (Children’s Workshop & Performance combo ticket)
Venue: 4A Centre for Contemporary Asian Art, 181-187 Hay St, Sydney.