Crossing Boundaries: Reproductive Travel in Asia – Legal, Cultural and Health Perspectives
A panel of speakers, chaired by Associate Professor Lee Ann Basser, will each speak for 15 mins or so followed by questions and discussion. We envisage that this event will be of much interest to members of the public in addition to those working in family law, family studies, reproductive health law, bioethics, citizenship, maternal and child health and related areas.
- Professor Jenni Millbank, Faculty of Law, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Associate Professor Andrea Whittaker, ARC Future Fellow in Anthropology in the School of Social Sciences, Faculty of Arts, Monash University.
- Dr Kerry Petersen, La Trobe Law School.
- Dr Rhonda Powell, University of Canterbury, School of Law and Honorary Research Fellow of the Judith Lumley Centre, La Trobe University.
- Ms Claire Achmad, a human rights lawyer with broad expertise in public international law and human rights, and international child law matters, and PhD candidate at Leiden University.
This event will take place as follows:
Venue: Theatrette, State Library of Victoria
Date: 12 December 2014
Time: 3.00pm – 5.00pm
We would like to invite you to the public forum, and if you would like to attend, request you to register your attendance here: http://www.latrobe.edu.au/events/all/crossing-boundaries-reproductive-travel-in-asia.
EVENT FLYER: FLYER Crossing Boundaries 12 Dec 14