Applications are now open for the 4A Curators’ Intensive 2014
FULL INFORMATION, including how to apply: http://www.4a.com.au/curators-intensive-2014/
4A’s Curators’ Intensive is an initiative developed by 4A to encourage professional advancement amongst early career Australian cultural practitioners with an interest in curatorial practice. The Intensive will take place between Thursday 10 – Sunday 13 July at various locations in Sydney, Australia.
This is the second Intensive (following 2012) and will be led by three established curators who are working in an international context with a particular focus on the Asia-Pacific region.
In 2014 the Curators’ Intensive will feature:
- Cosmin Constinas (HK),
- Sophie McIntyre (AUS) and
- Robin Pekham (HK/BJ).
This program will be of interest to curators or cultural practitioners at the beginning of their careers, as well as those currently working independently or in institutions and interested in participating in an expanded discussion around curatorial practice. While focused on a broad conception of contemporary Asian art, this program will encompass a much larger range of curatorial discussions. The participating curators have a wide variety of experiences from socially engaged art, curating local history, technology and the internet, international perspectives, as well as museums and independent spaces.
- Up to 10 individuals will be selected by 4A to take part in this program.
- Participants will be paid a small honorarium for their involvement.
- 4A will offer support to one interstate participant through provision of one return flight to Sydney and accommodation.
- Participants will be required to attend and participate in all aspects of the four-day program. This will include evening presentations and active involvement in the workshops.
Applications are now open and close 6.00PM Tuesday 27 May 2014.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS: The Emerging Curators’ Intensive 2014 is an initiative of 4A Centre for Contemporary Asian Art and is supported by Copyright Agency Cultural Fund.