Civilian internment in Australia during WW2: history, memories and community heritage
7-9 March 2014, Cowra NSW (To be confirmed)
Full information about the symposium and special speakers can be found at the official event website.
Call for papers: We have limited spaces but welcome individual papers on any of the following areas of civilian internment in Australia during WW2.
If you are interested in presenting a talk, please email an initial expression of interest with a tentative title and a 150-200 word description to email@example.com by 30 September 2013.
Topics/panels which will be offered during this symposium:
- Stories of Internment experience in Australia during WW2
- Experiences of local communities where these internment camps were constructed
- Camp staff
- Civilian internment in fictional writing, visual art and performances
For further information about the symposium, contact:
- Yuriko Nagata, The University of Queensland firstname.lastname@example.org
- Keiko Tamura, The Australian National University email@example.com